Views
Helpful
Replies

voip convertion to analog

petersonal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all!

We have a Cisco Linksys Sipura SPA 8000 voip port ip telefone gateway. The voip phone are working fine with it, but i have to connect some old analog phones to the systems. I asking for advice if i am buying the correct signal converted (digital-analog) The full path is: isp router-our router-Cisco Linkysy Sipura SPA 8000- utp cable-Cisco SPA 112-Silverblade TC124 (only accept analog line)-analog phone

My main question would be is the Cisco SPA 112 adapter capable to convert the digital data to analog, and this setup colud be working?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have a Cisco Linksys Sipura SPA 8000 voip port ip telefone gateway. The voip phone are working fine with it, but i have to connect some old analog phones to the systems.

Sorry ? SPA8000 is 8-Port IP Telephony Gateway. It allows connections between eight analog telephones and an IP-based data network. So I don't understand yours "voip phone are working fine with it, but i have to connect some old analog phones". If you have SPA8000, you have solution - it's what the SPA8000 is designed for (but see notice bellow).

Cisco SPA 112 adapter capable to convert the digital data to analog

There's nothing like "standard analog phone".

Analog phones you have assumes analog (subscriber) line of some specification. SPA112 creates subscriber (analog)  line of some specification. It will work as long as both specifications are compatible. Compare yours phone requirements against SPA112 specification: Subscriber line interface circuit (SLIC) to answer your question by self. Or just try it ...

Oh, my, i read the SPA 8000 manual, and it did mention supporting analog devices. The ports where i tryed to connect the phone is disabled, this must be the mistake, let me modify the config and post back.

It must be a misunderstanding.

SPA8000 is 8-port analog terminal only. It have no other purpose but connecting up to 8 analog lines/phones. It doesn't support SIP digital phone of any kind. Either you have no SPA8000 (you may have SPA9000 instead) or your digital phones have nothing to do with it. Or the phones you are claiming to be digital are analog ...