Views
Helpful
Replies

Weird UC540 Voice Mail Problem - Transfers After Leaving a Message

Brent Conway
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hoping someone else has experienced this issue and I can learn from them.

I am running a UC540 with 8.1.0 CME and 8.0.3 Voice Mail.  If someone leaves a message in a voice mailbox, then presses the # key after the message it will prompt them to press 1 for normal priority or 2 for urgent priority.  If you select either of these, it will then say "your message has been sent" ... then immediately after, it will say "wait while I transfer your call" and then transfer the call my main extension (2000).

I thought this might be corruption, as I don't believe this is somethiong you can even configure - so I did a full reload from the software pack ... but same thing is happening.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have seen this behavior before.  The fix for me was to go in to the CUE admin interface and drill down to voicemail>call handling. On this page ensure that the voicemail operator number is cleared out. This should cause the system to say "thank you, goodbye" instead of "wait while I transfer your call".

Cole

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I have seen this behavior before.  The fix for me was to go in to the CUE admin interface and drill down to voicemail>call handling. On this page ensure that the voicemail operator number is cleared out. This should cause the system to say "thank you, goodbye" instead of "wait while I transfer your call".

Cole

That worked like a charm greenturtlesteak!  Can't THANK YOU enough!

I was working with voicemail through CCA, and it doesn't even show voicemail operator telephone as an option (so I'm not sure how this got selected in the first place).  I went in through CLI and entered "no voicemail operator telephone" and now is saying "goodbye" and disconnecting after a message is left as it should!