cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIP310 Phone with SwitchVOX 4.5 SMB

ddunagan
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any luck connecting a WIP310 phone to a SwitchVox system? We are running SwitchVOX 4.5 SMB. We also have a Linksys PAP2T that connects just fine to the system and using a similar configuration, the WIP310 won't work.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

I haven't used a switchvox but if it's a standard sip proxy, the wip should connect to it.  The settings to use are the same as you configured the pap2t.  Normally just proxy, user ID and pw.  What do you see in the trace or debug log when it tries to register?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

I haven't used a switchvox but if it's a standard sip proxy, the wip should connect to it.  The settings to use are the same as you configured the pap2t.  Normally just proxy, user ID and pw.  What do you see in the trace or debug log when it tries to register?

That did it.

I reset the phone back to factory, entered only the proxy, userid, password, and display name (wanted the extension as the display name). Saved it and it registered.

SwitchVox is a standard SIP proxy and is typically very friendly to SIP-compliant phones.

Thanks.