Views
Helpful
Replies

WRP400 stops responding after browsing certain websites

rgp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi support

We are a danish ISP who use Linksys RTP300 and WRP400 routers as CPE equitment. Trough our Danish Cisco contact (Henrik Bønnelycke) we have been told to discuss our prolems with the WRP400 router here.

Our problem is that the router seems quite unstable at many customers (who have no problem with RTP300). In the last few months we have been forced to replace a large amount of routes because the WRP400 just router stops responding (Cannot ping LAN+WAN interface, phone dead) while browsing certain websites fx. http://www.nordjyske.dk. At the time we are not able to repoduce the error here i the office and the problem are only at some customers.

At the begining we testet if the customers NIC was the source to the failure but as I see it it is not the case. We have tryid to exchange the customers NIS card and the problem was the same. Together with the fact that it works with a RTP300 router we must conclude something must be wrong with the WRP400.

From my point of view the problem could be related to the router content filter, activex filter or something like that when all the customers all have the problem on certain websites.

Please help we replaces 10-20 WRP400 routes every week right now and have no faith let for the WRP400 router.

Danmark.

René Gjerlev Pedersen

Driftstekniker

Bredbåndnord I/S

218 Replies 218

no, I got the same issue also with customer using l2tp or DHCP wan connection

Relaying to dev.  Thanks.

Hi, Is this issue solved yet? We also need the combination of ATA/WLAN devices for a roll-out to our customersso i would be nice to know this is solved.

Did the test version work for you?

For reference, here's the email response from Oct 28.  I had attached test version at that time but don't recall getting a response regarding it.

---------

Attached

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:09 AM

To: Nelson Seto (nseto)

Subject: Firmware

Hi,

Can you sent it to me

BR

Lirone

We are still in a pre test stage. That means desktop research, creating a shortlist and do some basic device testing. I would like to know if this issue is solved or that i better do not try the wrp400 at all..

A newer version is being tested by our partners.  They will let us know if it works for them.  Thank you.

danoyoung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a WRP400 and have updated the firmware to the 2.x release, and I also have been experiencing connectivity issues via the wireless as well as VOIP problems.  The VOIP problems are the most annoying.  We use callcentric (with COmcast cable internet) and periodically calls will go silent for 5-10 seconds, and then continue....I've work with the callcentric team and have tweaked the router configuration in hopes to resolve this ongoing issue.  The only "fix" is to unplug the router, and then plug it back in.  Then calls seem to be fine for awhile, but the problems persists.  It's difficult to replicate on demand, it just seems to happen.  Has any progress been made?  I've been forced into ordering another VOIP router but I would like to continue to use the WRP400 but it's not looking to promising right now...Very frustrated....

Regards,

Dan

Hi

Unfortunetly there is no progress in the case. Linksys do you have any clues ? For now this is a key issue for our buissness.

I ended up buying a separate VOIP router, a Cisco 3102 (SPA3102), and know my calls have been working flawlessly. I'm still going through the same VOIP provided, callcentric, and things have been working very smoothly for the last few weeks.  So I think something is wrong with the WRP400 and I hope Cisco can fix it, otherwise this was just a waste of money since I can't seem to use the phone port reliably. Currently, if someone is looking at buying the WRP400 for VOIP/Wireless, I would not be able to recommend it, it's just not reliable.

Regards,

Dan

lirone
Level 1
Level 1

the new version 1.01.01 seems better for now but I only test it for 24hours and I didn't use the router very much nor in VoIP nor in Download/Upload mode

I will upgrade about 20 customers to see if I have any feedback. Unfortunely most of my customer leave the WRP400 and ask us to send them a SPA2102.

I would like very much that this product will be very stable, it's the perfect product for ITSP but for me it's still instable for mass deployment.

May be the new firmware will be the solution :)

Ok, let us know.  So far, it seems to be working fine for the other partners as well.

I am glad to hear that you have a fix for the 5-10 second silence during voice calls with the WRP400.  I have the 1.01.00 firmware installed and have the same complaint.  I also use the callcentric service as another contributor on this topic has stated.  Please tell me how I can get the working firmware as I am in need of eliminating the annoying "What did you say?" in every conversation from the WRP400.

Thank you in advance

I can send you the beta test version if you give your email address.  I will also inquire with the product mgr as to when a release version will have this fix.  Note, the U.S. and Canadian offices won't be back to normal office hours till Jan 4 so I don't expect to get an answer till then.  Thank you.

Please send us the beta firmware as well. We have many customers complaining about this cut-off issue. I have even replaced my old WRTP54G, which still works like a charm, with a WRP400 to try reproduce the problem. After working fine for a month, now i'm also experiencing the cut-off on every call.

So we will like to be part of the beta, we will be able to provide logs and IP traces to help if the problem remains.

Thanks

Sorry! forgot the email which is support at babytel.ca. Thanks!