cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Speed Dials and Unified Messaging

tgoecks01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a company who needs 300+ global speed dial's created. I know how to manually add them in one by one, but is there an option to import a bulk of them?

Secondly, the client also wants to setup Unified Messaging, but they use POP accounts (TDS e-mail.) From the Cisco documentation, it looks like Cisco has tested it with Gmail. Just wondering if anyone else has configured voicemail to e-mail using a POP account besides GMAIL.

Thanks,

Travis Goecks

System Engineer

CCNA, MCSE, Compellent, Vmware

1 Reply 1

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

There are only two options for email:

1. SMTP -- Usually you configure the system to send email directly to the customers email server. If that is not possible you can use a relay to send to their email addresses -- many people use a GMail account for that purpose.

2. IMAP -- End users have their email client configured to connect to Unity directly to pull voicemails. This has the advantage of being synced with your mailbox (if you delete a message, it deletes from voicemail too, etc).

I don't believe the local directory supports that many entires if you were looking at one big list of 300. If you are referring to 300 speed dials spread over a number of phones... the only way to bulk import would be to make a giant list and paste directly into the CLI. I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you are doing.