cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Please be advised, the GuideMe Wizard is no longer available on the Small Business Support Community. For search capability please use the community search field to find content related to Cisco Small Business documents, videos, and discussions.
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Bulk Speed Dials and Unified Messaging

I have a company who needs 300+ global speed dial's created. I know how to manually add them in one by one, but is there an option to import a bulk of them?

Secondly, the client also wants to setup Unified Messaging, but they use POP accounts (TDS e-mail.) From the Cisco documentation, it looks like Cisco has tested it with Gmail. Just wondering if anyone else has configured voicemail to e-mail using a POP account besides GMAIL.

Thanks,

Travis Goecks

System Engineer

CCNA, MCSE, Compellent, Vmware

1 REPLY 1
Enthusiast

Bulk Speed Dials and Unified Messaging

There are only two options for email:

1. SMTP -- Usually you configure the system to send email directly to the customers email server. If that is not possible you can use a relay to send to their email addresses -- many people use a GMail account for that purpose.

2. IMAP -- End users have their email client configured to connect to Unity directly to pull voicemails. This has the advantage of being synced with your mailbox (if you delete a message, it deletes from voicemail too, etc).

I don't believe the local directory supports that many entires if you were looking at one big list of 300. If you are referring to 300 speed dials spread over a number of phones... the only way to bulk import would be to make a giant list and paste directly into the CLI. I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you are doing.