cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA handling of Hibernation Events

lukeperkins
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems with CCA version 3.0(1)  after my laptop goes into hibernation (i.e. I shut the lid and go to the other room). After I press the refresh button (actually it is a GUI button), the router I was recently working on is listed as unavailable. The only way for me go back to what I was doing is to restart the CCA.

Is there a better way?

3 Replies 3

daviddun
Level 3
Level 3

Luke,

This is a MS issue on the way they handle hibernation.  I saw the same issue and the only work around is to disable the hibernation mode.  If you are working the on CCA, I would increase the time before hibernation starts, this may help you in the short term.

The issue happens when the hibernation disconnects all it's connection, CCA sees this as a shut down or broken connection.

I hope this helps

That's right, blame Microsoft. I wish I could use that excuse with my boss.

I have writen numerous apps using Visual Studio connecting to the network. No, this is a problem with the design and implementation a fault tolerant application. MSDN clearly outlines the hibernation procedure and how applications are to handle the condition.

I once had a guy named Dave C (protect the innocent) working for me in the early 90's at Siemens and he used to 'hibernate' in his cube.  Once I caught him eyes closed.  I shook him awake (in those days you were allowed to touch) and he said he was 'thinking' as he wiped the dribble from his chin :-)

LOL