Views
Helpful
Replies

Dedicated FXO line

EVFDRS515
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening everyone,

I just finished an install of a UC320 at my local fire department and there is an enhancement that they are trying to see if possible.

Here is the scenario:

Units are dispatched over a radio frequency and alerts them via a series of tones.  In the event that the tones do not function, the 911 dispatchers will call the station.  They need the phone to be able to ring in the sleeping quarters.  Since they are sleeping quarters, they do not want every single call to ring in to there; just the ones from the 911 dispatch centre.  Partial shift change happens at around 5:30am and there is a lot of phone calls around that time. Some of the crew members do not do a shift change until around 8:00am and do not appreciate the 5:30am wake-up calls.

Given this scenario, I currently have a hunt group setup to only ring every phone; except for the sleeping quarters.  This does not solve my issue.  What I would like to do is to use Line 4 and have it be dedicated for the 911 dispatch centre and have it ring to all of the phones via a hunt group that calls every single line. 

Question is:  Can I have 3 FXO ports ring a specific hunt group and have the other dedicated 4th FXO ring another hunt group? 

1 Reply 1

juliomar
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Keith,

The scenario you are trying to deploy can be done.  Simply create the two hunt groups with the appropriate phones/users.

Then go to Call Routing -> Inbound Calls, and create a second Inbound Calling Route.  Move the FXO (4th) from the Call Source of the first Calling Route to the Call Source of the second Calling Route.  See attached pic.  This way 3 FXOs will route to Ring Huntgroup "A" and the 4th FXO will be routed to ring Hunt Group "B".

Cheers,

Julio