Helpful
Replies

English vs Italian: One to Six

Arturo Bianchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Summarize the background because it is a bit long:

DoA, temporary replacement, installation of new UC (updated with SW 8.2.0 & Italian locale pkg)!

Now, I am with a phone out of six (same model) with the soft buttons in English, even after several boot... why .

Ok, the same devices have worked some days to extreme necessity with other software / hardware UC...  but why, after boot, only 5 have gone to Italian??? What can I do on the sixth 7942 to forget the texts in English & force the download of the correct language locale????

Arturo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Arturo,

Have you tried re-creating the CNF files?  Since the other phones are working, I would assume that the locale is loaded correctly and working.

config t

telephony-service

no create cnf-files

create cnf-files

Then factory reset the phone in question.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Arturo,

Have you tried re-creating the CNF files?  Since the other phones are working, I would assume that the locale is loaded correctly and working.

config t

telephony-service

no create cnf-files

create cnf-files

Then factory reset the phone in question.

Thank you,

Darren

Darren DeCroock ha scritto:

Have you tried re-creating the CNF files?

Thanks Darren,

No I came to mind the 'rebuilding' !!!

Now I have reconstructed what happened ... eyesight problems ...  I had preloaded 8 users on the new device, and the first boot that phone did not register because I mistook a B for an 8 on its MAC!!!

Everything from CCA .... I entered and I changed the number in the MAC, but maybe I should do some manual operations like the one from you (even if from CLI). Makes me think that this is a bug in the CCA (not replace / rename the CNF file if someone changes the MAC).

Mille grazie,

Arturo.