cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

monitor fxo lines status on every phone

mcbereket
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm new on phone systems. I installed uc540fxo and spa525g and spa504g's in PBX mode. Everything works good. But i need to monitor all fxo lines which is used or vacant on the phones and I need to take a line when I press that button without pressing 9 everytime. Is it possible to do?
Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Ryan Hardy
Level 4
Level 4

I have never done it since I always do PRI or SIP, but I think you have to be in Key System Mode to do that.  Then you can

have each Trunk ring a button, and select the button to make outbound calls.

is it possible to do that on pbx mode? I assigned CO lines to buttons at the right side on the phone. After doing that it's working but auto attendant is not working. If there is any incoming call via FXO, every phones are ringing without auto attendant sequence. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing or wrong.

You can kind of do it in PBX mode, but for INBOUND - the extensions on the phone would be virtual (fake) extensions that you point the FXO ports to, OUTBOUND - when you press the button, you are only grabbing the extension, not the trunk, so you would still have to dial 9.

The reason your AA is not picking up, is that you are pointing your calls to the buttons on phones, if you want you AA to pick up first, you need to point the FXO to the AA pilot.  If you want your extensions to roll over to the AA, you need to set the CFNA to the AA pilot.

I have do a service ticket for a customer who was in Key System Mode, and the trunks rang on their 7931 and when they pressed the button, they were on the trunk getting dialtone from telco, and didnt need to dial a 9.  So Key System is what you are looking for, but PBX can almost do the same thing.

I configured the UC540 as it shown in pdf.  But when I configure it auto attendant is getting broken down and if I change the incoming calls to AA the CO line is not working. There is only one choice to run. One is the AA and the other one is CO line. I need both CO line and AA working.

Thanks

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi mcbereket

What you are asking for is possible, it is calle3d trunk line monitoring

You can setup in essence a Key System Mode in a PBX environment, however please keep in mind that i have not used CCA version 3 yet so do not know if this setup has still be included in its configuration profile, if not it is command line only, to which you will not get any SMB support for it, and might even cause CCA to have a heart attack and break your config

But what you are asking is entirley possible and can be done, have done about 6 deployments like this as the client has wanted the best of both worlds, which if you ask me is not an unreasonable request and they should be accomodated for it.

Investigate Trunk Line Monitoring, this aalows you to configure a trunk line to a button on the phone which makes it active and able to be pressed and monitored, I might even have a sample config laying around somewhere if I can find the USB stick i stored all this on before I took a break from the Cisco world

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *