cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA9000 Number of Lines Supported

agnetman
Level 1
Level 1

Okay this is for another SPA9000, one that I can access through its web GUI unlike my previous post.

It has software version 6.1.5.

I understood that since version 5.2. 16 lines were supported by default, yet with mine only 4 are displayed.

How are the remianing 12 lines accessed for configuration then?

1 Reply 1

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The SPA9000 supports up to 16 IP telephone registrations.

I suspect that you are looking at the web-ui > Voice tab > Line N tabs

These lines are used to register the SPA9000 to ITSPs or gateways such as the SPA400.

This is described in the Configuring Line Interfaces on the SPA9000 starting page 58 of the SPA9000 Admin Guide located at https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-1750

Here's an excerpt for you:

You can configure the following types of services on the SPA9000 line interfaces:

• ITSP service:

Up to 16 DID numbers can be supported on each line interface. You can configure different ITSP accounts on different line interfaces.

• PSTN service:

You can configure a line interface to register the SPA9000 with a SPA400 to support PSTN lines.

• SPA400 voice mail service:

You can configure a line interface to register the SPA9000 with a SPA400 to support voice mail server. This SPA400 should have no more than two PSTN lines connected. If more than two PSTN lines and voice mail are required, you should reserve one SPA400 exclusively for voice mail. Exceeding these guidelines will affect the quality of voice mail playback and command recognition.

• ISDN services:

You can configure a line interface to register the SPA9000 with a Mediatrix® 4400 ISDN BRI Digital gateway.

Regards,

Patrick

----------