Views
Helpful
Replies

uc520 cue stuck in a loop

andrewsymms
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Dont know why but cue seems to have stopped working and if I do a service-module integrated-service-engine 0/0 session i get a screen that just scrolls over and over. status says trying to recover from reset/shutdown.

Ive looked on here but not found the answer yet

any help would be appreciated

6 Replies 6

Faris Hamdan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Andrew,

I think that it will be a good idea to proceed with the boot helper procedure while facing this behaviour.

UC 500 Boot Helper Instructions:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13686

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,

Faris

Hello

Thanks for your reply

I tried that procedure but once I do service-module integrated-service-engine 0/0 session the screen fills with output and pressing ctrl-shift-x  6 will not break the cycle. only way back is to close telnet session and log in again

Andrew

attached is the output after inputing "service-module integrated-service-engine 0/0 session"

Looks like you have a bad CUE module.  It is internal and not field replaceable..  I think you will need to RMA the unit. 

It seems to be a Kernel panic, a problem with mounting root file system.

I think that it will be better to open a case with Cisco Tac to troubleshoot, I do agree that i might end up with an RMA for the whole unit.

Thanks,

Faris

Hello

Just an update opened a tac as suggested and the outcome was an RMA. Spent a couple of evenings reconfiguring new unit and after wrestling with cue localisation for uk everything is up and running fine now thanks for all your assistance

Andrew