cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 language upgrade error

vpersaud001
Level 3
Level 3

I tried to change the language following this guide https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9692 but the upgrade failed about 2.5 minutes after starting during the CUE backup step with error "CUE backup - software backup for CUE module failed" followed by the pop up window to check for FTP/TFTP server.

I'm doing this from a server onsite with no FTP or TFTP running.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Vincent

4 Replies 4

vpersaud001
Level 3
Level 3

Sorry!!! I lied.

Not being well versed in server management I check the port usage with netstat -n but the upgrade worked after I stopped FTP Sites in IIS.

Try "netstat -a" next time.  It finds bindings that the -n doesnt.

I have done a lot of these upgrades using CCA (that failed) and just wanted to share information...

If the upgrades dont work try these few little tricks.

1) Make sure no FTP or TFTP server is running other than CCA

2) Make sure you can route to the 192.168.10.X and 10.1.1.X and 10.1.10.X networks before the upgrade process...  * A lot of times the voice vlan is not reachable because of a default gateway your PC is using.. and your PC is not hooked directly to the UC500..

3) I have noticed a "TFTP server interface" command in the UC500 that points to the wrong place after an IOS upgrade and that caused some issues in the past.

Thanks all. I got the upgrade done - both VM and AA language are now in Spanish. The FTP Sites service was the problem.