Helpful
Replies

64-bit client on XP 64 connects but only works if default gateway is modified

mvona
Level 1
Level 1

Running 5.0.07.0290 64 bit on WinXP 64

Backend is ASA5510

64 bit client connects but cannot access remote network.

Tracert shows that when trying to access the remote network, the PC is still trying to use the LAN default gateway.

A connected Vista 32 bit client 5.0.04.0300 is simultaneously connected and working fine.

If the default gateway is changed to reflect the remote VPN subnet, it can then communicate with the remote lan.  As you can imagine, this is problematic for a couple of reasons.

I have seen several post similar to this but none seem to resolve the issue.

Is there a fix that I am missing somewhere on the Cisco site?

Thank you,

Mike

4 Replies 4

apothula
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mike,

Could you please try uninstalling the VPN client completely, (delete the Cisco Systems folder in your Program files) and try a fresh re-install.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Nash.

Hello Nash,

Thank you for the quick response.  I should have stated that based on other postings, we had already tried the recommended reinstallation procedure with no success.

Thank you again,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Please provide us the output of route print on your machine and also a snapshot of the Status/Statistics/Route Details on your VPN Client.

Cheers,

Nash

Hello Nash,

I have attched route information from both machines both before connecting to the VPN as well as while connected.  I would like to add that we installed the client on another 64 bit machine and have the same problem.  Another quirk is that when you attempt to connect, you recieve a 442 error on the first attempt.  Simply trying again without restarting the VPN client succeeds.  Again, once connected, it cannot reach the remote network.

Thank you for you help,

Mike