Views
Helpful
Replies

64 bit VPN Client(Windows XP)

ciscona728
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 64 bit vpn client running on windows xp that is not sending any traffic encrypted(bypassed only).  I also have a 32 bit version running on xp that works great sending and receiving packets.  Both versions receive an IP from my IP pool but even on the same subnet they cant even ping each other.  In secured routes both versions have the same subnets they can access.

I'm running the latest version for 64 bit(5.0.x.x) but it does not have XP listed as a supported OS.  I installed that version and I can authenticate without any problems but it will not send packets encrypted. Normally that screams out at me that is an IKE phase 2 issue with the ACL but as I stated before it has the correct secured routes and 32 bit works great.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know or if you need more info please let me know.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

ciscona728
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone?

Thanks in advance

I know that Windows XP 64bit requires driver signing.  Did the VPNClient properly install?  I would check the logs and check the virtual cisco vpn adapter.  You may also want to check device manager and verify if the virtual adpater can start.  Check the Event Viewer logs and see if there are any additional errors.

Ultimately, I would have to agree that it would be best to upgrade to Win7 Pro x64.  I am using this and the VPN Client works great.  XP Mode should accomplish everything you need for legacy backwords compatibility.

ccmadm1n1
Level 1
Level 1

Only option I know of is to upgrade the client machine to win 7 (32 or 64 bit) and then run any non-win 7 compatible apps in windows XP mode if ipsec VPN is a requirement

Or go with SSL VPN

Or downgrade to XP 32 bit for IPSEC client?

Maybe use windows VPN client?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App