cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD Users and Computers SLOW over AnyConnect (ver 4.10.04071)

mgil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

We currently use Cisco AnyConnect ver 4.10.04071 to remote in to our corporate network when working remote. I believe we were using a version of 4.9 of AnyConnect before, probably several months ago before we updated due to using a new VPN server. This new VPN server worked just fine with the Active Directory Users and Computers tool before, but in recent months, that tool has become painfully slow over the VPN.

It will take roughly 2.5-3 minutes to: open the AD tool, search someone's name, and open their profile before I can make any edits for example. Searching or opening someone's profile usually takes 40 seconds per action.

Things I've tried so far:
1. Reinstalling the Windows 10 RSAT tools (Administrative Tools, which includes AD Users and Computers)
2. Disabling IPv6 for AnyConnect, and my wifi network adapter.
3. Opening the AD tool via powershell command I saw someone recommend to open it via IP instead of host name.
dsa.msc /server="ip of domain controller"
-This was actually slower.

Not quite sure what else I could try here. We've made some changes recently that has our dept. strongly want us to use version 4.10 of AnyConnect, and to avoid having to RDC into our Domain Controllers when working remote, and to use the AD Users and Computers tool instead. 

Does anyone have any further suggestions on what the issue might be? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

stsargen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Looks like you are hitting CSCwa62414, Windows 10: Active Directory browsing very slow with split tunneling and tunnel-all-DNS enabled.  Please upgrade to Anyconnect 4.10.05085 or later. for the fix.

Thanks,

Steve S.

Hi Stsargen,

I'll check in with my team if we're able to update our VPN client, since I'm sure we're al probably on the affected 4.10.04071 version of it. I'll let you guys know if we're able to update and how it will go.

Thanks,