Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect 4.10.05111 displays blank page instead of SSO login

MauryJ
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We deployed AnyConnect 4.10.05111 last month, and we also use Duo SSO SAML.  We have one user who is having problems getting AnyConnect 4.10.05111 to work --  Instead of getting the SSO login page, they only get a blank window.

If we remove 4.10.05111 and install a previous version of AnyConnect to his system, login works fine and then AC will automatically upgrade to 4.10.05111 and continues to work fine, until they disconnect from the VPN.   But on the next connection attempt with 4.10.05111 we run into the same problem with the blank screen.

The user's machine is Windows 11 Home (with Home not being the norm for our environment, but I wouldn't think this would be an issue) with all of the latest Windows updates installed.   We have tried changing the default browser between Chrome and Edge.   (IE is not installed)

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this before and/or could offer any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ashish.kushwaha
Level 1
Level 1

try with reset the browser and clean temp files and uninstall from windows registry level by the help of any third party program uninstaller and install again. i hope it will work.

Ashish K
***Please Rate Helpful Responses***

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

ashish.kushwaha
Level 1
Level 1

try with reset the browser and clean temp files and uninstall from windows registry level by the help of any third party program uninstaller and install again. i hope it will work.

Ashish K
***Please Rate Helpful Responses***

Did you ever solve this? We have this happening too. the blank box eventually pops up but it takes 3-4 minutes.

I know this is a late reply, but, typically clearing the default browser's temp files and cookies clears it up for us.

I'm having the same issues with a handful of users super frustrating. Did you go through file explorer to delete files for the browser or just use the browser to clear, cache, cookies, history, etc. 

I have tried reinstalling the client and using the newest version but neither resolve it. I have tried to clean temp files which did not fix it. I resolved this by changing how the VPN connects. We were not able to use the Start Before Login option because the login required a web browser to login. 

ajft
Level 1
Level 1

This has just happened to me with 4.10.07061 on Ubuntu linux.  VPN worked a day or two ago, I rebooted the system this morning to an updated kernel and I now get a blank login window.  I'm unclear what an accepted solution of clearing browser cache has to do with it, default browser on this system is firefox (v118.0.2, installed via snap)

I've found a possible workaround that seems to be working at the moment.
Running from command line produces these errors whenever the login window appears:
KMS: DRM_IOCTL_MODE_CREATE_DUMB failed: Permission denied
Failed to create GBM buffer of size 1000x600: Permission denied
Failed to create EGL images for DMABufs with file descriptors -1, -1 and -1

Hunting around with the error messages the VPN client produces when run from command l found I can start it via:
$ export WEBKIT_DISABLE_DMABUF_RENDERER=1 
$ /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnui 
VPN window opens (slowly), login window opens (slowly) but gives "Unable to login" when I enter email & pwd (three or four times).  Cancel it, then hit the "connect' button and now able to enter email & pwd & 2fa and the VPN has connected

EDIT: further investigation in the afternoon and it appears to be a webkit bug on NVIDIA graphics "[GTK] Rendering broken with 2.42 on NVIDIA graphics" and affects any other app. that uses webkit

secluded
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on linux and the issue suddenly started this morning after updating firefox. I tried clearing browser cache which didn't work. Setting WEBKIT_DISABLE_DMABUF_RENDERER=1 suggested by the previous commenter work.

sam james
Level 1
Level 1

Having this issue on windows 10 with a few users, cleared and reset all web browsers, uninstalled and removed all AnyConnect traces, reinstalled, and still have the issue. Only workaround  I have is so install versions prior to 4.10.5xxxx. but that gets upgraded as soon as they connect to our VPN which pushed 4.10.5xxxx. tried versions all the way up to 5.0.xxxx secure connect client. Haven't seen the issue except for on a few clients out of thousands. Nothing seems to resolve it.

I am still hunting a solution

Hey Sam. I am also facing the same issue. Got any solution for the same? Will be helpful if you have some additional info to add.

Thanks!
Jane

I got back with the user several weeks later and it fixed itself with a Edge update. I had suspected it being a browser issue since it uses the built in browser window during the authentication which I believe is just edge with a cisco border. Something happens when trying to load and display the auth page within that Cisco enclosed browser that makes it get stuck. only thing we didnt try is a reinstall of Edge. So i could see an update "fixing" it when a "reset" did not.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: