cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect and HostScan

a.brazendale
Level 1
Level 1

I have a test enviornment with AnyConnect set up and I can log in and it all works fine. I'm now trying to play around with hostscan, to check for a simple registry key entry on the client machine. I think i've set it up as per the documentation, but i'm unsure as to what i'm supposed to be seeing on the client machine. 

I've uploaded the hostscan package to the ASA and enabled it:

csd hostscan image disk0:/hostscan_4.1.04011-k9.pkg

csd enable
without-csd (this was auto-added)

Under my group policy, i've added

anyconnect modules value posture

but the ASA doesn't seem to push the posture/hostscan down to the client when I log in. Should it not install something locally and should I not see some other stats? Also, under 'Global settings' on the ASDM window, i have set the logging level to 'debugging' but I don't see any logs, so I'm thinking I've missed a step or something to get it to actually install the hostscan/posture portion on the client?

I have 100 Premium licenses, but not the 'advanced endpoint assessment' license, which is fine as i'm just doing basic (registry) lookups at the moment.

any ideas? 

thanks,

Al

1 Reply 1

a.brazendale
Level 1
Level 1

to update, when I browse to the webvpn (clientless) external site of my test environment, it now first installs CSD (hostscan) prior to presenting me with the login page.. this is the opposite of what i'm looking for though, as I expected it to download hostscan when someone connects with the anyconnect client, not when using webvpn..