Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect ASDM VPN Statistics

Mr_Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Need some help, Currently looking at the VPN statistics for anyconnect and can see the total number of active users on the system.

Is there a way to drill this down more to show number of users connected to each group (client profile) so i can see if the IP pools going to run out?

i can apply filters but this does not drill down to an exact number and i have to count them manually

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can view ASDM Dashboard about the active users.

More accurate i will do command level

#show vpn-sessiondb summay

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Cristian Matei
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You should be able to filter the results based on connection-profile/group-policy criteria, but it will not show you an absolute number, but rather the sessions.

At the same time, you should know what is the maximum possible number of concurrent active users landed to a connection-profile/group-policy and just ensure your pool accommodates that number. I see this as the best option, and you no longer have worries. The pool should be a bit larger than the total max number of users, as assuming you hit the max number, maybe some connections have remained hung and the IP has not been released, so there is a very small chance that for upcoming connections there are no available IP's.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

currently, the pools are under spec for the amount of users that we will have connecting - But we have multiple profiles for people to connect to and each pool can hold around 240 users.

But i wanted to see if there was a way i could see each group and users connected all in 1 area

so

group 1 = 12 connections

goup 2 - 132 connections

group 3 - 2 connections

Hi,

If you want your life simple, find out the total possible max users on each profile and provision each pool to be bigger than that.

Regards,

Cristian Matei.

would love to do that but at the present time im unable to without a massive change on both firewalls and Network Infrastructure

Not that aware of it was available, you can do custom scripoting out of the box and make graphs.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help