cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect certificate password issue

nodeoftexas
Level 1
Level 1

I have VPN access setup on a Small Business RVS4000 and can connect computers to it just fine using QuickVPN.

I have Anyconnect installed on an Android device and when I try to import the certificate I generated from the RVS4000, a password prompt pops up. 

I never specified a password for this certificate.  Is there a default one I can use?  I've tried the user passwords, admin password for the router, admin, password, and even 1234.

The certificate is a .pem file.

7 Replies 7

Andrew Phirsov
Level 7
Level 7

Are you sure u didn't specify password? What if you press ok with empty passwd?

I tried that as well, but it didn't take.

I was looking around and found an internal defect that you cannot see so I am going to paste the inside content for your reference:

AnyConnect does not allow import of PKCS12 bundles with blank passwords

Symptom:

When importing a certificate bundle with a blank password, AnyConnect will indefinitely prompt for the password as if the password was incorrect.

Conditions:

The certificate bundle must have a blank password.

Workaround:

Set a password on the bundle when exporting or creating it, and use that password when importing the bundle into AnyConnect.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Has someone tried this ?

If it is working, why nobody updated the documentation ? :(

It would save days...

Hi, can you explain how to set a password on a certificate from the RV180. I am unable to import the pem file into Anyconnect since I also do not know the password.

!

p.statham
Level 1
Level 1

hello.

90 / 5,000

Translation results

I want to import the certificate *.p12 to the Android client but it does not accept the certificate password I enter. 
If in the Windows version of the openconnect program, I import the certificate with the same password to the program and the connection was established without any problems.