cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect certificate password issue

nodeoftexas
Level 1
Level 1

I have VPN access setup on a Small Business RVS4000 and can connect computers to it just fine using QuickVPN.

I have Anyconnect installed on an Android device and when I try to import the certificate I generated from the RVS4000, a password prompt pops up. 

I never specified a password for this certificate.  Is there a default one I can use?  I've tried the user passwords, admin password for the router, admin, password, and even 1234.

The certificate is a .pem file.

7 Replies 7

Andrew Phirsov
Level 7
Level 7

Are you sure u didn't specify password? What if you press ok with empty passwd?

I tried that as well, but it didn't take.

I was looking around and found an internal defect that you cannot see so I am going to paste the inside content for your reference:

AnyConnect does not allow import of PKCS12 bundles with blank passwords

Symptom:

When importing a certificate bundle with a blank password, AnyConnect will indefinitely prompt for the password as if the password was incorrect.

Conditions:

The certificate bundle must have a blank password.

Workaround:

Set a password on the bundle when exporting or creating it, and use that password when importing the bundle into AnyConnect.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

Has someone tried this ?

If it is working, why nobody updated the documentation ? :(

It would save days...

Hi, can you explain how to set a password on a certificate from the RV180. I am unable to import the pem file into Anyconnect since I also do not know the password.

!

p.statham
Level 1
Level 1

hello.

90 / 5,000

Translation results

I want to import the certificate *.p12 to the Android client but it does not accept the certificate password I enter. 
If in the Windows version of the openconnect program, I import the certificate with the same password to the program and the connection was established without any problems.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: