Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect client refuses to run

slyce512
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

for a while now the Anyconnect client on my MacBook pro refuses to run, I first noticed this issue when I upgraded to OSx Monterey.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times but this hasn't helped.  I have attached a DART file.  Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

Suleyman

2 Replies 2

JP Miranda Z
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi  slyce512,

Considering the DART seems like the issue could be related to a 3rd party software shooting down the socket for the AnyConnect to work, this is normally caused by an AV or FW locally in the computer, you are running a version of AnyConnect that is definitely supported in Monterey so i will recommend you to try disabling AV or FW to confirm if the issue is caused by any of them, or if you have access to add a whitelist for the AnyConnect in the FW or AV that will also work.

Hope this helps!

Please rate if this was somehow useful!

-JP-

Hi there,

thanks a lot for your response.  I turned off the FW and whitelisted these "processes com.cisco.anyconnect.macos.acsockext",
"ciscod" in Microsoft Defender, excluded the entire Cisco folder but Anyconnect starts momentarily and fails while AnyConnect Socket Filter runs. when I click on the AnyConnect client.