cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Customer Experiance Feedback settings verification?

With GDPR and all that I want to disable Customer Experience Feedback.  I have followed the guide with creating a 'Feedback Service Profile' here and disabled Customer Service Feedback Service and disabled Include Crash Report and applied it to the AnyConnect group policy.

I also have an AnyConnect VPN Profile to configure the primary and backup VPN hosts and a few other bits.  I know the AnyConnect VPN profile is working as I can see in the client the profile name and can also see the AnyConnect-Profile.xml file I created in the ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile folder.

How do I verify the CEF profile is active as I can't find the 'disable-feedback.fsp' file that I created on the ASA anywhere on the PC and there doesn't appear to be a notification of this in the AnyConnect client?

The about dialogue says the installed modules are VPN and Customer Experience Feedback.

This is purely for Windows clients and I am using the latest AnyConnect client (4.7.04056) and the latest ASA code (9.12.(2)4).

Andy

2 Replies 2

I think this is a bug...   I have worked out that the file \ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\CustomerExperienceFeedback\CustomerExperience_Feedback.xml gets overwritten by the .fsp file on the ASA (in my case disable-feedback.fsp).  However with 9.12(2)4 and ASDM 7.12(2) the file it creates is a copy of the anyconnect-profile.xml file and this overwrites the local file on the PC.

I created a new Feedback Service Profile on an ASA5505 I have running 9.2(4)33 and ASDM 7.12(1) and then imported this to the ASA5512-X.  Now the \ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\CustomerExperienceFeedback\CustomerExperience_Feedback.xml file looks correct:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Feedback>
 <ServiceDisable>true</ServiceDisable>
 <IncludeCrashReport>false</IncludeCrashReport>
 <CustomerID>YOUR NAME HERE</CustomerID>
</Feedback>

And I can see in the client about dialogue the installed modules now excludes 'Customer Experience Feedback'

Cheers

Andy

Hi Andy,

Seems it works as intended on 9.12.(2) no interim, so probably a bug. I'm thinking to deploy the recommended release 9.8.4 and test this too as I wasn't even aware Cisco had deployed this spyware into the Anyconnect Client. 

Cheers,

Matt