Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect disconnects?

thebear98
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to set up my Anyconnect 3.0.3054 client from home and am having difficulty staying connected.

My company has mandated that all remote users VPN via Cisco's Anyconnect client.

I was initialy unable to install on my Windows7 64bit machine through the web installer.

I downloaded the installer from a link provided by my computer center at work.

It installed fine (apparently) but every tiome I try to connect, it goes through it's connection sequence and reports that it has connected to the VPN server.

Four seconds later it disconnects frm the server and throws the following error:

The VPN connection was terminated due to the loss of a network connection.
  A new connection is necessary, which requires re-authentication.

I attemp to reconnect and re-authenticate, and get the same error.

I read on the Cisco support site the recommendations for this error, and rebooted my machine, my (wireless) router, and 'disallowed' the hostednetwork through netsh... no help.

My company support people ar of no help either.

What am I doing wrong?

Thx,

Barry

6 Replies 6

thebear98
Level 1
Level 1

Okay Cisco...

Is this some kind of joke?

I post a total failure of your software to connect me to my office VPN server, get 97 views, and absolutely no help?

Reply please.

Barry Prentiss

Computer Scientist

Stanford University

We are having the same problem.  We're currently using a Linksys E3200 Wireless N router.

vabruno
Level 1
Level 1

First thing I would try is a hardwired connection to eliminate any 802.11 related issues. Also do you have a profile assigned to your default tunnel group? So that you can get some additional help can you post your configuration I.e "show run"

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Our failure was recently resolved by the IT support team maintaining the corporate VPN routers. 

The solution was to disable the various add-ons for IE by opening the Internet Options window and hitting the "Manage add-ons" button found on the "Programs" tab.  At this point each addon was manually selected and disabled. 

While I'm sure one particular add-on was at fault for the failure, I did not have a chance to experimentally determine the root cause of the failure.  This is probably not something I'll investigate further unless the problem resurfaces.

Thx vabruno,

I was initially connected, by wire, to my Belkin wireless router, which I suspect didn't employ any 802.11 protocols, but I could be wrong.
I was always able to connect persistently when I bypassed my wireless router and connected, by wire, directly to my cable modem.

Now I have to determine the settings required to enable a connection through my router, which connects me to all of my local resources (printer, etc.).

Where are the resources at Cisco that I need to accomplish this?

And Thx Michael,

I'm glad you were able to get past the connection dropping issue. I disabled all of the IE add ons, but was still unable to stay connected via Cisco VPN for more than a few seconds.

Barry

Sorry to rehash this, but in case you never got an answer, this is a bug in the AnyConnect client that has to do with IKEv1 reauthentication.  If you switch to IKEv2, this does not occur any more.