Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect Failed to get configuration

My client is upgrading from anyconnect 2.5.2014 to 3.1.00495.  The ASA is running ASA 5520 version 8.2(5)33 and is in an active/standby failover pair.

when trying to push out the new 3.1 from the pair to windows 7 and XP machines, he gets the error "Failed to get configuration from secure gateway. Contact your system administrator".  When he tries to push 2.5.2014 and 2.5.6005 out from the pair this works fine.

When pushing the 3.1 out from a stand-alone test ASA 5520 it works fine.

Any ideas what stops this from working?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
2 Replies 2

ieee1284c
Level 1
Level 1

Working on the same problem here and found your thread.  I found that 3.0.10057 works fine as an upgrade path.  Even better, once the clients have 3.0, you can then set 3.1 as the client to push and that works fine.  So the path seems to be 2.x -> 3.0 -> 3.1 but can't jump straight to 3.1 unless a workaround is identified.  The only problem with this upgrade path is you'd have to leave 3.0 on your ASA for several months to catch all the users before going to 3.1.

I have tested in a lab and I am able to go sraight to 3.1.  Only difference is I am running ASA version 8.4.

Perhaps it is a limitation of 8.2? Am getting som log info tomorrow, hope that will give some answers.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts