cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webvpn Apple IOS 6 iphone ipad issue

j_puzio42
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - We finally released our Webvpn configuration out to our users and the site was working well.  We are setup as follows

1) Single Group Policy

2) Single Custom Homepage that all users hit when accessing the site

The site works fine from all Devices: Mac, Windows, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE

All Apple Devices on IOS 5 work correctly

Since a few users have upgraded to IOS 6 they login correctly but reach a blank white page.  As you login you can see the top address bar flash then go away. 

Has anyone else run into the same problems?  This is an issue with the Cisco code becasue we have since hosted our custom page externally and those same ipads/iphones can access it correctly.  Thanks for any ideas.

5 Replies 5

amt257
Level 1
Level 1

Does it happen if you are useing either wifi or cell network?

I will have to test tonight and get back to you.  I remember testing from wifi - but I want to be 100 % sure.  Thanks

We tested the site on the following devices on both Wifi and 3G.  It did not matter what type of connection all IOS 6 devices had the blank page issue.  The IOS 5.1.1 devices displayed the site fine.  Hosting our custom homepage outside the ASA - All devices (IOS 6 and 5.1.1) displayed fine.  I'm not sure if there is code on the ASA that detects user agents etc. But since upgrade IOS 6 seems to be the issue.  Thanks for any help.

Ipad 2 (with IOS 6)

Ipad 3 (with IOS 6)

Iphone 4S (with IOS 6)

Ipad 2 (with IOS 5.1.1)

Iphone 4S (with IOS 5.1.1)

One more thing you can try is download the chrome browser and try it there.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chrome/id535886823?mt=8

Thanks - i've already tried that.  I've tried: Chrome, Terra Browser, Mobile Safari, JourneyLite Browser.  All run into the same issue.  And all test fine with IOS 5.1.1

Its definitly IOS 6 - just wondering if anyone else has this problem or if Cisco has a fix.  Thanks.