Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect files on ASA

alkabeer80
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have cisco ASA 5520 ver 8.2 (1) with remote access vpn, i have anyconnect files on falsh:

anyconnect-win-2.5.2014-k9.pkg

this is old version of anyconnect i want to dowload and use new version,

how to do it and which file i have to download from cisco site ( ihave CCO account), bcoz i found alot of files ?

thanks

10 Replies 10

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AnyConnect version 3.x is the latest version of AnyConnect. If you would like to upload the AnyConnect file onto the ASA, then you should be using the file with the extension .pkg. And depending on which OS you are using, then you would upload the corresponding OS type (if you would like to upload the Windows version of AnyConnect onto the ASA, then the file name would be: anyconnect-win-3.1.02026-k9.pkg, for Linux version: anyconnect-linux-3.1.02026-k9.pkg.

Under the download page, the one that you upload to the ASA will have description of "Web deployment package"

Hope that helps.

Hi,

i have seen on cisco website

Web deployment package for Windows platforms.
anyconnect-win-3.1.02026-k9.pkg

but this approx. 30 MB size, is this the correct one ??

If i upload it, what will happen to old version users, should i upgrade all users with new version ??

Also after i upload it to ASA, should i do any special config. so that i point it users to this version ?

thanks

Pls kindly check out the release notes to see which version you required.

Most of the newer version and the new features requires you to run ASA version 8.4 or later.

Here is the list of release notes for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10884/prod_release_notes_list.html

You can upload multiple AnyConnect version to the ASA, depending on which OS you requires. The old version will remain there until you remove it.

Once you upload it, you would need to configure the new AnyConnect image as follows:

webvpn

svc image flash:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/command/reference/s8.html#wp1515211

Windows 8 machine supports AnyConnect version 3.0.10055 or later:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/release/notes/anyconnect31rn.html#wp1099267

We are running ASA version8.2 (2).

Which is the latest version Anyconnect we can upload, that supports Windows 8?

If you are planning to just run the basic SSL VPN function of the AnyConnect, then version 8.2.2 is fine and compatible with the latest version of AnyConnect.

However, if you are planning to run other new feature which is included in the latest AnyConnect version, then you might have to upgrade the ASA to the later version. Feature specific requirement is listed in the release notes posted earlier.

Hope that answer your question.

mawallace
Level 1
Level 1

I have started installing Windows 8 machines. Is there a compatible version of Any Connect?

Hi,

Check the AnyConnect 3.1 release notes, you will find the information you need.

"AnyConnect 3.0.10055 and later versions (including the latest version of AnyConnect, version 3.1.01065), function on Windows 8 32-bit and Windows 8 64-bit operating systems, though there are some limitations."

Please rate or mark answered for helpful posts.

Please rate or mark answered for helpful posts.

Hi,

I upload 3.1 pkg to firewall, and make this image the first one in the list, when using old anyconnect try to connect they get error " AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway.  Please try connecting again."

webvpn

anyconnect-essentials

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-3.1.02026-k9.pkg 1

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-2.4.1012-k9.pkg 2

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-linux-2.5.6005-k9.pkg 3

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-macosx-i386-3.0.3054-k9.pkg 4

svc enable

when i return the old config

webvpn

anyconnect-essentials

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-2.4.1012-k9.pkg 1

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-win-3.1.02026-k9.pkg 2

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-linux-2.5.6005-k9.pkg 3

svc image disk0:/anyconnect-macosx-i386-3.0.3054-k9.pkg 4

svc enable

the client is able to connect again,

I have huge number of users connected to anyconnect and i cant change all the software to 3.1, how can i migrate to 3.1 without affecting the other users

thanks

Hi, Any help on this subject

thankss

I just figured out the answer.'

I had a 2.5.60005 version installed on my ASA with Windows NT running.

I wanted to upgrade to the latest version of the Cisco Secure Mobility Client.

I put the anyconnect-win-3.1.03203 package at the top, but I did not add the regular expression, and presto.

I was still able to connect with the win-2.5.6005 anyconnect.

I even removed the regular expression from the 6005 image and was still able to establish a connection.

**NOTE** - I was not able to browse to the portal and click start anyConnect with the 6005 image still on my machine, but I was able to open up the client and connect directly. When I uninstalled the client, and connected to the portal and clicked on start anyconnect, it installed the latest client.

Please rate helpful post and mark this question as answered.

Thanks,

Alex