cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect force client DNS servers

ciscokid2012
Level 1
Level 1

I am connecting with Anyconnect client 4.10.0471, it is a split tunnel and the DNS servers provided are very slow therefore once I connect internet access is very slow.

How do I force 8.8.8.8 to be added to the DNS servers provided and used first before the provided ones? I have no control over the server configuration.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If this is your corporate environment you need to have conversation with your network and security team to make prefer DNS.

I do not belive you can manually change anything once you connected to VPN, DNS is just resolution, slow is mostly the site going via your coportate network

check DNS resolution by issue nslookup and see how fast the query resolved ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

There are specific routes going via the VPN, nslookup e.g. to cnn.com times out to the provided DNS servers (I think they just resolve certain domains), and the query ends up going via my wifi interface. Regular traffic is going out via my ISP as I see with speedtest, the throughput is fine, its just the DNS which is causing the delays. 

have you contacted about this issue with your office network and administartors ?

You need to get agreement with your network team.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

use split-dns,
make your local DNS server (via tunnel) only for few domain other resolve will done by 8.8.8.8 dns server.