cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect: Got an error after updating macOS Catalina

BevisChen00743
Level 1
Level 1

I got this error after updating to macOS Catalina. I have tried to install the version 4.6, 4.7, 4.8 but still the same.

"AnyConnect cannot confirm it is connected to your secure gateway.  The local network may not be trustworthy.  Please try another network."

Any ideas are welcome.

30 Replies 30

This worked perfectly to get the VPN module to work again. Do you have any recommendations on how to get it to work with the ISE Posture module? We only use publicly signed certs on the portal for ISE. The ISE posture module is having the same issue as the VPN module, because the rest of the ISE certs are self-signed (Internal PKI signed).

Thank you very much, this really work for me!

GREAT! Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the information it served me

Solved 

Thank You

Bob Ruth

Hi guys

i have a big problem with anyconnect with macos Catalina also if i click connect anyway without certificate i have this:

Posture Assessment Failed: Unable to download CSD library. Please try again

what can i do to resove this problem.

thanks

Luca

ps : i have done this:

@Marius Gunnerud wrote:

open terminal and do the following (you will need administrator rights on your Mac)

cd /opt/cisco/AnyConnect

sudo nano AnyConnectLocalPolicy.xml
Then edit the field for ExcludeMacNativeCertStore to "true"
<ExcludeMacNativeCertStore>true</ExcludeMacNativeCertStore>
^X  (control X to exit)
press Y to indicate that you want to save
press enter to accept the existing name
Quit AnyConnect and start it up again.  You will now receive a certificate warning with the option to continue and, if available, install the certificate.

This might be a version mismatch between AnyConnect and Cisco Secure Desktop (CSD).  Have you tried to uninstall AnyConnect, re-boot, and then install AnyConnect again?

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Hi Marius
I soved,
I had an old version of HostScan file on my ASAv, fortunately the company with we have a maintenance contract , they sent me a new file version and now I'm connect to the ASA with my mac .
Thak you so mutch for the help
Best regards
Luca

Thank you.

Hi I did what you suggested and got the warning for untrusted source. I continue anyway but still did not allow me to connect. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

gracias, me ha servido

works for the macOS Big Sur as well ,thanks!

This solution resolved our issue.

Thanks a lot.

JessieH71195
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to install/update after system updated to catalina and tried the editing xml file approach. Neither works.

I in the end uninstalled it and re-installed annyconnect 4.8.01090, it worked...

I followed all the advice here - edit XML, re-install the software, reboot. However, I am still getting an error message. See the screenshots below.  Please help. 

I have no issue with the Windows version of this software but in Mac I can't connect at all.

This is the software that was provided to me by the cisco chat support.

anyconnect-macos-4.9.01095-predeploy-k9.dmg / 31.757 MB
AnyConnect Pre-Deployment Package (Mac OS)

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.09.50 PM copy.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.10.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.10.20 PM copy.png

I am currently using macOS Cataline V10.15.6 Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 6.02.24 PM.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: