Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect Hostscan 3.1.11004 and DAP endpoint OS Windows 8.1

jkurdik_new
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

maybe i miss something, but i have a little problem with new anyconnect hostscan 3.1.11004.

New hostscan recognized windows 8.1 as windows 8.1 ( before windows 8 ), but in DAP endpoint ID os is only Windows 8 and if user have 8.1, it does not catch the right DAP. Do you have some advice?

DAP looks like in attached file.

ASA 5585-X SSP-10 os 9.5.(1), ASDM 7.5.(1).

Thank you,

Jan

1 Reply 1

Hi,

I can just add that I to have seen the same kind of problem using hostscan 4.1.06020.

The policy editor just lets you choose the OS as "Windows 8" but the hostscan engine detects the OS as "Windows 8.1". This obviously does not match. Previously the engine detected it as "Windows 8". Yes that was wrong before but at least is matched what you could select in the policy, ie it was working. I suspect Cisco will soon realise this and fix it.

Meanwhile there is a simple "hack" you can do. The DAP-policy is stored in an xml-file on the VPN-headend. This file is called dap.xml.

Simply download that file, edit the xml so the OS version string says "Windows 8.1" instead of "Windows 8", that is in the snippets <name>endpoint.os.version</name>  <value>Windows 8</value>.

Upload the file to the VPN-server again.

The VPN-server will handel this just fine, the only problem is when trying to edit such an entry in the ASDM GUI, it will not know what to do with it.

Best regards