Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect HostScan Endpoint Assessment License

csco_asav
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

i am trying to figure out, what kind of license is necessary to use AnyConnect including HostScan (incl. Endpoint Assessment feature). As far as i understand an Apex License is needed, see: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect49/feature/guide/anyconnect49features.html#pgfId-23144

Can anyone confirm this? - or is the VPN-Only license sufficient?

I am a bit confused because i've read that HostScan is also to be used with an VPN-Only license (but i'm not sure about the Enpoint Assessment module of HostScan)

Also when choosing an appropriate Apex License for lets say a user range of 25 -99 one has to purchase it for the exact number of users, for e.g. 30, right? - It does not mean that purchasing the 25 - 99 license means that i can have between 25 - 99 users using the VPN right? - only the exact count of user licenses purchased, correct?

Thanks in advance for clearing things up for me

2 Replies 2

JP Miranda Z
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Advanced Endpoint Assesment only comes with AnyConnect Apex License:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect49/feature/guide/anyconnect49features.html

anyconnect licenses.PNGAbout the number of licenses questions, keep in mind cisco is currently using trust based licenses, you if you purchase 25-99 users license and register your device, that license registration will give you the full amount of licenses supported by the box and you should only use the amount of licenses purchased.

Hope this helps!

JP

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

To add to what JP correctly mentioned, you should purchase the amount of licenses to cover your unique users. The tier ranges (e.g., 25-99) are for pricing. Within a given tier, you should purchase the exact number required.