cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect issue after Windows Update

Trey Grun
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen this error?  Looks like a BITS update hosed anyconnect on my laptop... I can't find anywhere that this is a known issue.  Below are the logs and NO - I don't know what version of the anyconnect client is running...

Log Name:      Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
Source:        vpndownloader
Date:          10/18/2011 11:04:11 AM
Event ID:      1
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      TreyGrunPc.domain.com
Description:

Function: CDnldrIpc::ConnectToAgent
Return code: 0xFE1F000C
File: .\DownloaderDlg.cpp
Line: 1448
Description: unknown

Not sure what update to backout - windows automatically installed 14K updates IAW our domain policy.

3 Replies 3

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

Couple of people had issues with AnyConnect including me after Windows updates on Windows 7 laptops.  Check your Internet Explorer settings and make sure under "Advanced" (scroll all the way down) you have SSL, TLS are checked (the ones your ASA is setup for). 

Actually - there is a whole stinkpile of CCP files that are listed as problems when the installation fails:

.\DnldrIpc.cpp

.\IpcClientConnection.cpp

.\Common\IPC\IPCTransport.cpp

.\Common\IPC\SocketTransport.cpp

This message also appeared:

Function: CVCMSSaxParser

Return code: 0x80004005

File: ..\Api\xml\MSSaxErrorHandlerImpl.cpp

Line: 17

Description: Unspecified error

XML Parser error: The node is neither valid nor invalid because no DTD/Schema declaration was found.

The Function also changes with the file.  I have permitted all versions of TLS and SSL.  I would normallly reinstall TCP/IP at this point, but that is not an option on Windows 7.  Could this be an anyconnect version issue since it appears to be the only affected application?

I'm totally flummoxed.

UPDATE:  Also looked up the file type and noticed that it's a C++ pre-processor file... and that .NET was also updated in the recent SLEW of Windows updates.  Could this be a .NET issue instead of a BITS issue?

Hum looks like an issue with the XML file(s), since Any Connect uses the XML files for the different profiles, how about trying to uninstall Any Connect and then re installing it?

Also what is the IOS version on that ASA?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: