Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect keeps disconnecting under Ubuntu 12.1

I hope that I can get some assistance with this.  We have an ASA 5510 running 9.1 and the latest 3.1 AnyConnect package for Linux.  The problem that i am having is that the AnyConnect VPN will drop after maybe 30 seconds or less of connection.  It will connect fine.  I can ping my remote servers.  Then it will drop and go into a "Reconnecting State".  Of which it will not reconnect.  I have to close AnyConnect and then try to connect again.  Then I'll get the same results.  We have about 25 employees that use the AnyConnect VPN all day on Windows 7 machines without any problems.  The issue appears to be isolated to my Ubuntu laptop. I have gone so far as to completely reinstall Ubuntu, both 64 and 32 bit versions but end up with the same results.  Has anyone seen this before or could perhaps bush e in the right direction.  Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Marcin Latosiewicz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

it COULD be related to:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCud43082

But I would still suggest opening up a TAC case so we can do proper analysis.

M.

I opened a TAC case but in the end Cisco said that the AnyConnect client was only supported on Ubuntu 11 and not 12.x at this time.  I had to spin up a Windows 7 VM on my Ubuntu laptop just to use AnyConnect.