Views
Helpful
Replies

anyconnect nam password expiry prompt

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Dear All,

I am using anyconnect NAM for windows authentication to the network & I have configured the NAM to authenticate the user before login. I am using anyconnect version 4.5.02036. When the windows password expires for the windows PC, the anyconnect is prompting for the password change. I have attached a screenshot of the password change screen,

Is this an expected behavior

Regards

Nikhi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pcarco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Password-Management is configured in the Connection Profile aka Tunnel-grop

Group Delimiter 

• Enable Password Management—Lets you configure parameters relevant to notifying users about password expiration. 
    • Notify user __ days prior to password expiration—Specifies that ASDM must notify the user at login a specific number of days before the password expires. The default is to notify the user 14 days prior to password expiration and every day thereafter until the user changes the password. The range is 1 through 180 days. 
    • Notify user on the day password expires—Notifies the user only on the day that the password expires.  In either case, and, if the password expires without being changed, the ASA offers the user the opportunity to change the password. If the current password has not expired, the user can still log in using that password. 

This does not change the number of days before the password expires, but rather, it enables the notification. If you choose this option, you must also specify the number of days. 

Best regards,

Paul

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

pcarco
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Password-Management is configured in the Connection Profile aka Tunnel-grop

Group Delimiter 

• Enable Password Management—Lets you configure parameters relevant to notifying users about password expiration. 
    • Notify user __ days prior to password expiration—Specifies that ASDM must notify the user at login a specific number of days before the password expires. The default is to notify the user 14 days prior to password expiration and every day thereafter until the user changes the password. The range is 1 through 180 days. 
    • Notify user on the day password expires—Notifies the user only on the day that the password expires.  In either case, and, if the password expires without being changed, the ASA offers the user the opportunity to change the password. If the current password has not expired, the user can still log in using that password. 

This does not change the number of days before the password expires, but rather, it enables the notification. If you choose this option, you must also specify the number of days. 

Best regards,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: