Views
Helpful
Replies

[AnyConnect] No valid certificates available for authentication

Patrick Tran
Level 1
Level 1
20 Replies 20

Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet.  I too am having this issue where we are using the Machine certificate and NOT the user certificate.  The only way I can get it to work is if we first issue the user a certificate from the same CA that the machine has.  This has to be an issue with the AnyConnect client.  I will open up a TAC case also, but wanted to see if anyone else has come across this.

I tried to change the permissions as another poster suggested to no avail, even after a reboot of the workstation.

Also verified that the Windows certificate store is set to Machine and the option "Certificate Store Override" is checked in the AnyConnect profile.  No matter what combination I try, I always get "No Valid Certificates available for authentication" until I issue a user certificate.  Once I issue the user certificate, it works fine.  I have even deleted the user certificate and after doing that, it still works fine.

Has anyone found a solution to this issue yet.  I too am having this issue where we are using the Machine certificate and NOT the user certificate.  The only way I can get it to work is if we first issue the user a certificate from the same CA that the machine has.  This has to be an issue with the AnyConnect client.  I will open up a TAC case also, but wanted to see if anyone else has come across this.

I tried to change the permissions as another poster suggested to no avail, even after a reboot of the workstation.

Also verified that the Windows certificate store is set to Machine and the option Certificate Store Override is checked in the AnyConnect profile.  No matter what combination I try, I always get No Valid Certificates available for authentication until I issue a user certificate.  Once I issue the user certificate, it works fine.  I have even deleted the user certificate and after doing that, it still works fine.

Hi Martin

Any updates from your Cisco TAC cases to explain this error and behavior?

Ben F
Level 1
Level 1

I was having the same error message when attempting to connect to one of our customer's VPNs. Tested from another computer and had the same error. Tested to a different customer VPN and did not get the message. Google gave a few ideas, but none of them took care of my problem. Today I had a break through and found what was causing the problem (in my case). I had a port forward setup for port 443. Since Anyconnect uses this port by default, all requests were getting passed to that server. After changing the port in the Webvpn settings I was able to successfully connect. I hope this helps someone!

County_IT
Level 1
Level 1

My issue was resolved by placing :4443 as the port in the anyconnect program.

I don't know why or how, but exactly this worked for me. Adding ":443" to the address got it to use the correct certificate on my Mac.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: