Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect RDP

Spryjkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Does anyone know it is possible to connect to a remote client via the RDP at the same time when it is connected through a AnyConnect VPN?

I'm considering the situation, when a remote user connects through a corporate VPN gateway, and I'm try to connect from the corporate network  to his laptop via RDP by IP-address, which he received from the VPN gateway.

Thank you

Dmitry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In fact, the problem was that you can not connect from a computer on the local network to a connected client of the VPN, if the VPN client is not allowed exactly the same connection (same port) to this computer on the local network.

Our local network is segmented, therefore, VPN clients was forbidden access to the something networks through RDP. Accordingly, our technical support could not make a reverse connection to the VPN client using the RDP protocol, because VPN clients was forbidden to connect to technical support network.

Thank you all, the problem is solved.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mjauner
Level 1
Level 1

You can connect to the "Assigned IP Address" (not "Public IP Address") from the remote client.

Never tried with rdp, but with other tools worked fine.

Regards

May I ask a few details:

Is it necessary to make any settings in the VPN profile?

What tools are you used to connect to the user?

Thanks

We use / used Radmin or/and CA/DSM.

No, I think it is not necessary to make extra settings.

Maybee a Personal Firewall has to accept it.

Regards

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/administration/guide/anyconnectadmin31/apxAvpnxmlref.pdf

You need to check the Allow AnyConnect Session from an RDP Session for Windows Users section.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts and mark correct answers.

Hi Aditya,

"The SingleLocalLogin setting has no effect on remote user logons from the enterprise network over the VPN connection."

Therefore, as I understand it, I need this setting:

<WindowsLogonEnforcement>SingleLogon</WindowsLogonEnforcement>

It is right?

Thanks

Dmitry

In fact, the problem was that you can not connect from a computer on the local network to a connected client of the VPN, if the VPN client is not allowed exactly the same connection (same port) to this computer on the local network.

Our local network is segmented, therefore, VPN clients was forbidden access to the something networks through RDP. Accordingly, our technical support could not make a reverse connection to the VPN client using the RDP protocol, because VPN clients was forbidden to connect to technical support network.

Thank you all, the problem is solved.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: