cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect reinstalls every time I launch it.

luckycharms
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

Anyconnect has been working fine for me for a long time.  I recently started sharing my wired connection via a wifi ad-hoc network, and for that, sharing was enabled for the vpn client.  I think that ICS is not officially supported for the anyconnect adapter.  So, I disabled sharing for it, and reinstalled.

Now, everytime I start the VPN client, it downloads and reinstalls itself.  Any idea how I can stop this from happening?  It works fine, just that it's downloading and installing itself every time I use it.

Thanks.

Thinkpad T410 2516-CTO

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

AnyConnect Client 2.5.3041

3 Replies 3

mwinnett
Level 3
Level 3

I think this is set in the ASA. Via ASDM, config -> remote access-vpn -> network client access -> group policies -> edit -> advanced -> anyconnect client -> "Keep installer on client system". As far as I remember, if this is "no" then anyconnect will be uninstalled on termination. Matthew

Thanks Matthew,

I just have the client installed - I don't see anything about an ASDM anywhere.  I'm running the client, connecting to my University's VPN.  Where those instructions you posted for the client, or for the server?

thanks!

ASDM is the GUI for the server (CIsco ASA f/w). You will need to contact the Administrator. Matthew