Views
Helpful
Replies

anyconnect to connect before user login

cs87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Ive configured the anyconnect to autoconnect after user has logged in to the computer. I want to enable it to connect before the user has logged in to the computer.

Im currently using user certificate for anyconnect to autoconnect the user. Should i change to machine certificate? in that case, where in the vpn configuration do i choose machine certificate over user certificate?

I have imported the root CA certificate in the ASA for autoconnect to work, is there anything else i need to do?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

You will need to modify the AnyConnect Profile, either by editing the file or using the AnyConnect Profile Editor. Ensure the "Use Start Before Logon" is selected and the "Certificate Store" is "All".

ras profile - Copy.PNG

As far as the certificate is concerned the WIndows Client must trust the certificate on the ASA, so if you currently have certificate warnings (which you ignore) then when using SBL, it will error and not prompt you to ignore.

You will obviously have to modify your group policy to enable the SBL vpngina to deploy the client. Ensure that the local client permits download updates.

group-policy GP-1 attributes

webvpn

anyconnect modules value vpngina

HTH

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

check this video and able to help you :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CYCbYVmPnM

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi

thanks for the video link, it explains a lot regarding the certificate.

But for the vpn to connect during user login, do you have any ideas regarding that?

BR
Carlos

Ha @Rob Ingram  cool ahead of me.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

You will need to modify the AnyConnect Profile, either by editing the file or using the AnyConnect Profile Editor. Ensure the "Use Start Before Logon" is selected and the "Certificate Store" is "All".

ras profile - Copy.PNG

As far as the certificate is concerned the WIndows Client must trust the certificate on the ASA, so if you currently have certificate warnings (which you ignore) then when using SBL, it will error and not prompt you to ignore.

You will obviously have to modify your group policy to enable the SBL vpngina to deploy the client. Ensure that the local client permits download updates.

group-policy GP-1 attributes

webvpn

anyconnect modules value vpngina

HTH

hi

thanks, it worked after i enabled SBL and installed the module i could connect before user login :)

the only issue is that we have a specifik url connection for different customer/users. In this case we have vpn.externalname.se/<customer_id>

When connecting before logon it strips the /<customer_id> part and if the client gets disconnected and tries to reconnect, it will prompt with a list of all differents customer_id we have in place. Is there a way to get it to autofill the /<customer_id> part?

image.png