Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect users need internet access

cybergeek
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Due to some business requirement we want to disable split tunnel and want all our anyconnnect vpn users to go through our corporate internet. We have already disabled the split tunneling for remote vpn users. now problem is that users can access the corp resources like servers etc. but they are not able to get to the internet. I would like to know if there is anything we need to change in anyconnnect settings in the firewall which can solve this problem. Please find attached the screenshot of our anyconnect vpn policy. 

Any help in this regards will be really helpful. 

5 Replies 5

@cybergeek you will need to allow the traffic to hairpin using the command same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

And create a NAT rule for the VPN pool, the source and destination interface is the outside nameif.

object network RAVPN_USERS
subnet 10.4.4.0 255.255.255.0
nat (outside,outside) dynamic interface

Hi Rob

Thanks a lot for your reply on this. I have only one concern implementing the config which you suggested to enable same-security-traffic permit intra-interface. i have a concern that if we will enable this then we might be running into the asymetric routing. and it is also not recommended from a security prospective because we have dmz network as well. is there any other way we can achieve this?

Thank you

@cybergeek Not sure what concerns you'd have with the DMZ....but another option is to route the RAVPN traffic on to the next-hop inside core/wan switch, by defining a "tunneled" default route applicable to VPN traffic. Let it hairpin on the core/wan switch and route back via the ASA, the NAT source interface is inside then.

@Rob Ingram @cybergeek 

Just want to clear here something,

DMZ, are you use separate asa for vpn and this vpn asa is connect to dmz of edge asa ?.