cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect via Windows "Could not connect to the server.."

the-lebowski
Level 4
Level 4

Strange problem.  New ASA 5512 and I can't connect to via AnyConnect on Windows 7 VM under fusion but I CAN connect from OSX no problem (using anyconnect).  I have both osx and windows packages on the ASA.  The error message leads me to believe its DNS but I can resolve the FQDN of the VPN and I get the same message when I use IP so its not DNS.  If I got the URL of the VPN I can login via SSL and download the client.  

Any idea why I can connect from OSX but not windows? I have a fair amount of other VPNs that I can connect to from the same vm, so it must be local the ASA?  TIA

2 Replies 2

Dinesh Moudgil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Though Anyconnect is not supported on VM devices but you can try to run debug/captures on ASA to confirm if the packets are reaching the firewall and do the same on VM as well.

Use wireshark on the VM workstation and on ASA, run the following commands to get debugs/captures

cap capi interface outside match ip host <VM host> <ASA outside interface>
debug webvpn anyconnect 255

This shall give you fair amount of information as to what is going on with the incoming connection if they are indeed reaching the ASA.

Regards,
Dinesh Moudgil

P.S. Please rate helpful posts.

Cisco Network Security Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CiscoNetSec/

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please share the DART bundle of the Windows VM and also share the syslogs of the ASA.

Regards,

Aditya

Please rate helpful posts