cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AnyConnect was not able to establish a connection to the specified secure gateway

gaojun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm facing an issue of below screenshot.

I checked the below link.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11036526/anyconnect-vpn-client-version-250217-not-able-establish-connection-gateway

However, it's not working for me. Actually ICS is not enabled for me.

There is an observation for your reference. After I clicked "Accept" button in the warning banner, the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Connection was immediately disabled automatically and then I got the error of above.

Please note I'm using Cisco AnyConnect version 4.2.00096 in Windows 10 in a Hyper-V virtual machine.

6 Replies 6

Josue Brenes
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What do the logs/debugs on the ASA say?

Try to enable them and attach them here.

Regards,

Josue Brenes.

TAC engineer.

Hi Josue,

I'm sorry that this VPN gatway is provided by our partner. I do not have the access to check ASA. Please note I'm able to connect VPN from my physical machine which is also Windows 10. But I'm not able to connect VPN from the virtual machines hosted on my machine (VMs are NAT-ted to physical network).

I personally assume it might have something to do with virtualization or NAT.

Thanks!

Hi,
Based on our internal documentation;
AnyConnect Virtual Testing Environment
Cisco performs a portion of AnyConnect client testing using these virtual machine environments:
    VMWare ESXi Hypervisor (vSphere) 4.0.1 and later
    VMWare Fusion 2.x, 3.x, and 4.x
We do not support running AnyConnect in virtual environments; however, we expect AnyConnect to function properly in the VMWare environments we test in.
If you encounter any issues with AnyConnect in your virtual environment, report them. We will make our best effort to resolve them.

find link below:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect31/release/notes/anyconnect31rn.html#pgfId-44657

At this point, I think that would be necessary to gather logs from the affected machine (get the DART bundle) and the logs from the ASA would help a lot as well.

Regards,
Josue Brenes.
Tac Engineer.

Hi Josue,

Can you please share me how to gather logs from the affected machine (get the DART bundle)? I was not able to find Diagnostics related button in the below screenshot. Please note I do not have the access to check the ASA, which is managed by our partner.

Please note I'm using Cisco AnyConnect version 4.2.00096 in Windows 10 in a Hyper-V virtual machine.

Thanks!

Hi,
If the DART module was not pushed by the ASA, you would need to download the standalone installer .ISO from cisco.com and execute the anyconnect-dart-win.
After that, you should be able to see the Diagnostics option on the anyconnect client.
How to collect the DART bundle:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12747756/how-collect-dart-bundle-anyconnect

Regards,
Josue Brenes.
TAC Engineer.

Could you help me please? Thanks!