cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 Remote VPN not accessible

engr_alikhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys. I was using my VPN client without any issue. Everyone was able to connect and access the internal network.

Now what happens is that people people are connected via VPN and ASA 5505 also gives static IPs to everyone. But nothing is accessible after that and the connection gets timed after few minutes.

I have checked almost all the things like NAT, static routes, group policies. I have tried accessing using different laptops/PCs but I can't figure out what I have missed.

Help please!

2 Replies 2

JP Miranda Z
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What type of VPN client are you using (IPsec client or AnyConnect)?

You can place a capture on the inside interface of the ASA or the interface where this traffic is supposed to flow and see if the traffic is at least getting to the ASA:

Example:

capture test interface inside match ip host <ip> host <ip>

-JP- 

Hey JP Miranda,

I am using IPSec Client. I think there was a problem with the NAT. and now I can remotely access using my client. But I am facing another problem if you can help me with it. I have basically 2 networks. I have a static route added in my switch.

It's like I can access 192.168.11.0 network but I cannot access 192.168.10.0 network through remote access. Although when I connect locally to 11.0 network , I can access the 10.0 as well. 

I also added a static route in my VPN with IP address 192.168.10.0 and default gateway as 192.168.11.1. 

When I am connected remotely (through VPN client) , I can't ping 192.168.11.1 but I can ping every other thing on 11.0 network. 

Can you let me know if you have any idea?