cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 Site to Site and Web VPN

brianbeard
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all, I need to add a site to site tunnel from a an ASA 5505 (ver 8.05) to a Sonic wall appliance. The problem is, the ASA already has remote access VPN and anyconnect VPN configured. I'm not sure if its possible to add another secured tunnel to the device. Ive already got one NAT 0 statement.

Thanks for your expert opinions!

3 Replies 3

Jouni Forss
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There should be no problem adding a Site to Site VPN on the ASA even if it has Client VPN configured.

If you for example have an "inside" interface which has NAT0 configuration like

nat (inside) 0 access-list NAT0

You just add the needed ACL lines to that existing ACL for the L2L VPN.

On the basis of the information you provided I dont see any problem configuring the L2L VPN on the ASA.

- Jouni

Jouni, thanks for the input.

I added the site-to-site remote network to the nat 'ed statement and added the new site via vpn wizard. No luck with a connection and it appears that my remote VPN is no longer functioning. Looks like I will have to rebuild.

Hi,

I don't know what happened in your case if VPN Client connections stopped working. None of them should really rule out one another.

For example in a single ASA we have configured IPsec VPN Client, SSL VPN Client, Clientless SSL VPN and L2L VPN so it really should be no problem.

- Jouni