Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 9.8.x Shared license broken with VPN Concentrator on 9.2.x

rpatnaik_slf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I'm hoping someone out there has seen this issue. I have been looking through bug lists, release notes but I can't find a shared SSL VPN license compatability matrix.  We upgraded our ASA to 9.8.1 and we have other VPN concentrators (ASA's) sharing the VPN SSL license.  All the other servers, remained connected except two. Of those two one of them were running an older ASA IOS 9.2.x.  When looking at the show share license we see the status as "inactive".

I'm trying to get our OPS team to look at our Syslog collector to see when/where this broke. But it seems to be coordinated with our upgrade to 9.8.x. 

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
R

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

it sounds like a bug. 9.8 is quite new and there's hardly any field experience with it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this relatively seldom-used feature was not thoroughly tested pre-release and you are one of the first people seeing the effect.

I'd definitely open a TAC case on it.

TAC case is open by our Operations team.

I did some more investigation and I believe we may have purchased a new pak file which allowed us to register licenses as an organization. It maybe an issue when we move to 9.8.x that these shared licensing model is now broken. I'm waiting word on this information as it seems to work with newer code but not with the old 9.2.x.

Thanks for trying to help.

Cheers.