Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Easy VPN Connection Issue

edisonbbs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I configured Easy VPN between 5510 and 5505. Every thing looks fine, however, if there is no traffic in the tunnel in next few hours, I can not initial traffic from 5510 to 5505 (client). But if I initail traffice from 5505, there is no problem.

Is anyone know why?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Bastien Migette
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This behavior is normal, this is part of the easy vpn feature. The 5505 will act as a remote vpn client to the 5510. It's not like with a site to site vpn where both ends know the IP of the remote peer, and so that each peer can initiate the connection, here the 5510 will only know about the 5505 IP and network when it will connect via easy VPN.

If you want the tunnel to be established from both ends, I would suggest that you use a classic site to site connection as described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/getting_started/asa5505/quick/guide/sitesite.html

I hope this help.

Regards,
Bastien

View solution in original post

No problem, if that answer your question, please mark the topic as answered and/or rate the useful posts

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Bastien Migette
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

This behavior is normal, this is part of the easy vpn feature. The 5505 will act as a remote vpn client to the 5510. It's not like with a site to site vpn where both ends know the IP of the remote peer, and so that each peer can initiate the connection, here the 5510 will only know about the 5505 IP and network when it will connect via easy VPN.

If you want the tunnel to be established from both ends, I would suggest that you use a classic site to site connection as described here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/getting_started/asa5505/quick/guide/sitesite.html

I hope this help.

Regards,
Bastien

Thank you so so much for your information.

I will have look it.

No problem, if that answer your question, please mark the topic as answered and/or rate the useful posts