Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA LICENCE

I need to know what is the replacement of this part number ASA-SSL-10-25= ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

There is no direct replacement. But you can migrate to AnyConnect 4 APEX licenses:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

View solution in original post

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From the ordering guide Karsten linked, you will see there is not currently an option for 10 users only and thus no 10-25 upgrade SKU.

So the right way to get there would be to order L-AC-APX-5YR-G top line part number with AC-APX-5YR-25-S subscription license. (also available in 1 and 3 year options - just put those number in place of the "5")

List prices range from US$360 (1 year) to US$1000 (5 years). As term subscriptions, that includes support. The new licensing model is term subscriptions and licensed per unique user - not per connection. Enforcement is "hone system".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

There is no direct replacement. But you can migrate to AnyConnect 4 APEX licenses:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From the ordering guide Karsten linked, you will see there is not currently an option for 10 users only and thus no 10-25 upgrade SKU.

So the right way to get there would be to order L-AC-APX-5YR-G top line part number with AC-APX-5YR-25-S subscription license. (also available in 1 and 3 year options - just put those number in place of the "5")

List prices range from US$360 (1 year) to US$1000 (5 years). As term subscriptions, that includes support. The new licensing model is term subscriptions and licensed per unique user - not per connection. Enforcement is "hone system".

Hi Marvin, thanks for going in more detail! ;-)

With Premium licenses already on the ASA, perhaps the migration-license could be the better choice:

L-AC-APX-M-3YR-G

AC-APXM-3YR-XX-S

Hi Karsten,

Yes I thought about that also but from the Ordering Guide Table 11 there is no option to migrate the 10 user Premium license. i.e. no part number "AC-APXM-3YR-10-S" subscription to go with the top level "L-AC-APX-M-3YR-G" part number.

To check the ordering guide accuracy, I verified there is none listed in CCW ordering tool either.

In the past I only had customers with AC Essentials migrated. But I understand the sentence

customers are entitled to pick whatever user count is needed for their deployment 
(see Table 11)

in a way that it doesn't matter how many premium licenses are available, it's only relevant what is needed after migration. With that, buying the migration-license should be fine (and less expensive; at least in the first three years).