cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5500 - SSL Essentials and SSL Premium on the same platform???

georgievh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

A make one BOM and i just ask my self can we order on the one platform ( for rxample 5510-SEC-BUN-K9 )

SSL Essentials  license ( this license is on the platform by default we buy 250 ussers ) and i need  50 Users license from them to be Premium.

Can i buy thos two license on the same platform and is this will work ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't enable SSL Essential and SSL Premium on the same platform. You can only have 1 or the other, not both.

SSL Essential will give you the maximum number of SSL VPN supported on the platform, however, only for AnyConnect full tunnel mode.

SSL Premium will give you the number of users purchased, however, it supports all flavours of AnyConnect/SSL VPN, ie: AnyConnect full tunnel mode, WebVPN (Clientless SSL VPN) and all the advanced feature of SSL VPN.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can't enable SSL Essential and SSL Premium on the same platform. You can only have 1 or the other, not both.

SSL Essential will give you the maximum number of SSL VPN supported on the platform, however, only for AnyConnect full tunnel mode.

SSL Premium will give you the number of users purchased, however, it supports all flavours of AnyConnect/SSL VPN, ie: AnyConnect full tunnel mode, WebVPN (Clientless SSL VPN) and all the advanced feature of SSL VPN.

Hope this helps.

Can you provide me some official document from cisco about this? I just don't find nothing about this case.

10x for the answer