Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5505 with 10 Users. Need to Connect 25 remote Users with AnyConnect Client

Boris Uskov
Level 4
Level 4

Hello to everyone.

I have ASA5505 with 10-Users license. I need to connect 25 Remote users via SSL VPN (cisco Anyconnect client in my case). So, to have more then 10 simultaneous VPN connections on Cisco ASA 5505 I have to buy Security Plus License (ASA5505-SEC-PL=). Correct?

And the main question. Do I have to order the User-upgrade (for example ASA5505-SW-10-50=, or ASA5505-SW-10-UL=) license for my Cisco ASA5505 appliance in order to have 25 simultaneous remote users connections without any restrictions for each remote user?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You need the SecPlus-license for the increased remote-access users. But you don't need an additional user-license if you still only have up to 10 internal systems.

View solution in original post

Yes, in that case, you also need a license for more users. Be aware that upgrading a 5505 with SecPlus doesn't give you more users. As the 5505 is approaching EOS, I would also calculate if it wouldn't be better to buy a 5506-X SecPlus instead of the two licenses.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

You need the SecPlus-license for the increased remote-access users. But you don't need an additional user-license if you still only have up to 10 internal systems.

Hello, Karsten!

Thanks for your reply. In fact I do have more than 10 internal systems. I'll use cisco router (ISR 4000 Series) for the Internet connection. And I'm planning to use cisco ASA5505 only for SSL VPN. Unfortanutaly, ISR4K router doesn't support SSL VPN at this moment. As far as i know, this functionality is in the roadmap.

So, if I have more then 10 Systems behind my ASA5505, and SSL VPN users need to be able to connect to all of my internal Systems, I have to upgrade the User license on my ASA5505.

Yes, in that case, you also need a license for more users. Be aware that upgrading a 5505 with SecPlus doesn't give you more users. As the 5505 is approaching EOS, I would also calculate if it wouldn't be better to buy a 5506-X SecPlus instead of the two licenses.

Great idea about ASA5506-X instead of ASA5505 plus two licenses! Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: