cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 APN License (Urgent)

jenniferoboh
Level 1
Level 1
We need to upgrade the license on an ASA 5510 currently running Security Plus License. The objective is to have “AnyConnect” features enabled. Kindly see excerpt below. Would appreciate your swift feedback as to the requirements for the License (AnyConnect Essentials/Premium).
But the datasheet for ASA5510 shows it is end of Life. Can i still get the Any connect license for my ASA5510 or i need to upgrade my box?

Licensed features for this platform:
  • Maximum Physical Interfaces  : Unlimited
  • Maximum VLANs                : 100      
  • Inside Hosts                 : Unlimited
  • Failover                     : Active/Active
  • VPN-DES                      : Enabled  
  • VPN-3DES-AES                 : Enabled  
  • Security Contexts            : 2        
  • GTP/GPRS                     : Disabled 
  • SSL VPN Peers                : 2        
  • Total VPN Peers              : 250      
  • Shared License               : Disabled
  • AnyConnect for Mobile        : Disabled 
  • AnyConnect for Linksys phone : Disabled 
  • AnyConnect Essentials        : Disabled 
  • Advanced Endpoint Assessment : Disabled 
  • UC Phone Proxy Sessions      : 2        
  • Total UC Proxy Sessions      : 2        
  • Botnet Traffic Filter        : Disabled 

• This platform has an ASA 5510 Security Plus license.

• Serial Number: JMX1428L2PU

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The ASA5510 is EOL but you can still apply new Anyconnect licenses to it. You would need to purchase the new Anyconnect Plus or Apex licenses and apply it to the ASA. For basic Anyconnect functionality, the Anyconnect Plus should suffice. If you need advanced features like Hostscan and Posture, you would need to get the Apex license. 

The Anyconnect ordering guide has information about differences between the Plus and Apex licenses. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The ASA5510 is EOL but you can still apply new Anyconnect licenses to it. You would need to purchase the new Anyconnect Plus or Apex licenses and apply it to the ASA. For basic Anyconnect functionality, the Anyconnect Plus should suffice. If you need advanced features like Hostscan and Posture, you would need to get the Apex license. 

The Anyconnect ordering guide has information about differences between the Plus and Apex licenses. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/anyconnect-og.pdf

Thank you so much Rahul. Your response was so swift and very helpful