cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM takes long time to load after updating to 7.18(1.152)

Daniel LRA
Level 1
Level 1

After updating the ASDM to version 7.18(1.152) (OpenJRE) on my 5506-X ASAs and installing the new launcher on my PC (v.1.9(5)) I noticed that it takes a long time until the ASDM is fully opened. I enter the IP, user and password, login and then the ASDM is displaying "Checking the launcher version compatibility... done" for several minutes.

I found out that the network traffic on those firewalls goes up while trying to connect, which makes me believe that the ASA is sending the whole ASDM image (just a guess) to the client for some reason. Maybe because of the new support for signed images? Waiting several minutes until I can actually do something is a bit too long, especially on sites with a weak internet connection. Is there any fix to this? It's one reason that keeps me from updating more appliances at the moment.

19 Replies 19

Rolando Bega
Level 1
Level 1

Problems with ASDM are quiet frequent also for me. Downgrading from 7.19 to 7.18.1.152 reduced (for me) the delay from 90 seconds to 60. To be honest this problem is a "glitch" but when you are used to load the GUI in few seconds ... it can be a little frustrating.

t3rebello
Level 1
Level 1

Currently experiencing extremely long load times with 9.16.4.14 and ASDM 7.19.1.90 (asdm-openjre-7191-90.bin)

Also stuck on "checking launcher version compatibility ...done"

Steven.Andrade
Level 1
Level 1

It appears there might be a fix in 7.20: CSCwd58653 : Bug Search Tool (cisco.com)

It looks like 7.20 might not be available for public release yet. The latest ASDM available is 7.19.1.90.

If anyone has a TAC case and can get an early release, could you confirm in this thread if it worked for ya?

Daniel LRA
Level 1
Level 1

Seems like the problem is fixed. I just updated one appliance to ASDM 7.18.1.160, which installed the ASDM launcher v1.9(7) on my client. With this launcher version I can connect much faster, even on ASAs still running 7.18.1.152.