Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask About Cisco Product

barioverdinanto
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Cisco,

My Name is Rio and i come from Indonesia. I am IT on this company. I am still a beginner in network connection. At the company where I work, 60% of our employees are field workers. and all the field workers are required to use a vpn connection. The device that they use to connect to the vpn is a GSM USB MODEM or ANDROID PHONE. My problem is, when our employees do not have a data package on the SIM card, they can not connect to vpn. ( Just knowledge, At my country, GSM USB Modem and Android Phone is the most common devices who used to connect to the internet. )

I've been trying to configure vpn server. My VPN Server OS is Windows Server 2008, but if my employees internet connection is lost , the VPN participate disconnected, and when I tried browsing, FUP from my ISP joined truncated. Some articles I've learned, some say this can occur with a callback method. But I still have not understood what is callbacks and how to configure it. They say this can occur with cisco devices. But I do not know what kind of device is needed?

The core of my problem is how to connect to the VPN server even without a data plan (no internet connection)?  or how to stay connected VPN, when a local ISP connection from my employees is disconnected? Now I want to ask to Cisco. Can my employees connected to the vpn with Cisco devices on VPN Server, even without a data plan (no internet connection) on SIM Card ? If this is possible, what kind of Cisco device needed ?

Please help and thanks before .

1 Reply 1

carlguer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

As far as I know you can't connect to a VPN without having internet connection.

To connecto the VPN you have to contact a public IP on the Internet, without Internet no connection will be made.

I hope this information is helpful for you.